[plug] install old GUI

smclevie smclevie at ozemail.com.au
Thu Dec 11 14:52:10 WST 2003

Hi guys,

I was running a Woody for a couple of minutes ... then I did an apt-get
upgrade.  So now I am running a testing/unstable combo.

Whilst online, I ran tasksel and selected to install a 'Desktop
environment' and 'X window system'.

The result is a broken gui.  From memory I think there are several packages
needed but not included at 'testing/'unstable' level.

Q.  How do I install an unbroken gui on an unstable/testing machine?

Is it a case of doing a apt-setup to reset the source of the download from
'stable'?

Thanks in advance,

Steve.