[plug] gnome splash

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Sun Dec 14 18:01:27 WST 2003

On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 05:49:21PM +0800, Ryan Smith wrote:

| I was wondering if anyone has a decent splash screen for gnome. The one I
| have ATM is a horrble pink debian pic. does anyone still have the old gnome
| footprint one? or at least something better.

Find out which package it's in, and grab an older version from
snapshot.debian.net.

(cameron at erdos ~) dpkg -S gnome-splash
local diversion from: /usr/share/pixmaps/splash/gnome-splash.png
local diversion to: /usr/share/pixmaps/splash/gnome-splash.png.orig
local diversion from: /usr/share/pixmaps/splash/gnome-splash.png
local diversion to: /usr/share/pixmaps/splash/gnome-splash.png.orig
gnome-session: /usr/share/pixmaps/splash/gnome-splash.png

It'd probably be better to use dpkg -x to extract the files out of it to
somewhere temporary, and overwrite the splash screen with that, rather
than downgrading your whole gnome-session.

I also note that there's a gnome-splash.png.orig on my machine which
/seems/ to be a default Gnome splash screen (not that I'd know what one
looked like), although not with a footprint in it.

Cameron.