[plug] gnome splash

Ryan Smith ryan at westnet.net.au
Mon Dec 15 07:07:23 WST 2003

Quoting Cameron Patrick <cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au>:

> On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 05:54:57PM +0800, James Devenish wrote:
>
> | How long does it stay on-screen? Can you avert your eyes? ;-)
depends, sometimes 5 minutes sometimes a couple of seconds.
Probably could avert eyes, but Im lazy.

> Or simply never power the machine down... :-P
But my pc sounds like a plane about to take off. its not particually nice to
sleep with.

extracting from deb packages could be a good idea. But i would have to download
a lot of previous packages cause I dont know which one has a decent splash
screen.

however there are some much better ones on art.gnome.org.

Thanks
Ryan