[plug] - promotional ideas - was Re: [plug] [OT] -- Any idea how much this would cost in WA?

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Mon Dec 15 12:54:41 WST 2003

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003, Richard Meyer wrote:

> Any idea how much this would cost in WA?
>
> http://openplates.techmeridian.com/
>

> The project is designed to get a customized Montana License Plate with
> the Linux logo on it. (Tux is the penguin below). We need to raise
> $4,000 to get the plate in production, and after that, we will donate
> 100% of the proceeds from each sale to one of the non-profit
> organizations above that is chosen. Also, having the linux logo on a
> plate will raise awareness for this "open source" operating system. So
> far, we have introduced the idea to the local Linux User's Group that we
> participate in, and have learned that many people are excited.
>
> RichardM

What advantage would that have, over "bumper stickers"?

An organisation of which Anne and I are members, unrelated to Linux, has
"bumper stickers" available for $2 each to members.

I think that "bumper stickers" would be a much better option.

A fairly simple design, with something like "PLUG - Perth Linux Users
Group" and a PLUG logo, and, "Linux - reliable, free software" or
something like that, would do the job.

A two layer thing -

<PLUG logo>     PLUG - Perth Linux Users Group
<Penguin image> Linux - reliable, free software

as an example

I have put "bumper stickers" in quotes, as the stickers are more often
put on windows, and car panels, than bumpers.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."