[plug] [OT] -- Any idea how much this would cost in WA?

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Mon Dec 15 15:25:45 WST 2003

In message <20031215071918.19849.qmail at www-02.iinet.net.au>
on Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 07:19:18AM -0000, Simon Scott wrote:
> Or maybe theyll be arguing about which department owns the data - oh no, that
> was Justice.
>
> Perhaps theyll be too busy buying $40000 worth of computers that theyll never
> use just so that they use their budget - oh no, that was Health.
>
> :\

But what if they hired you to "configure" the computers for them :-)
And what about the Police computer/communications systems fiascos?
Or, if your stomach it strong, what about this one: UK MoD scrapped
a *120* *million* *pound* computer system. Before it was used. Links
stolen from elsewhere (I haven't read them):
http://www.computing.co.uk/News/1147382
http://www.femail.co.uk/pages/standard/article.html?in_article_id=201440&in_page_id=2