[plug] P4 1.4

Derek Fountain derekfountain at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 16 12:42:44 WST 2003

> I suspect that part of the stability problems that people attribute to
> AMD machines may well be due to shoddy motherboards or other such
> components.

And a disaffected journalist. The original rumour that AMD CPUs have
overheating problems was put out several years ago by a journalist who had an
axe to grind with AMD. She noted that a AMD processor she had for testing ran
quite hot, and deliberately worded her article to imply that it could
overheat and cause stability problems. Talk about mud sticking...

I vividly remember reading the article where this hatchet job was disclosed,
but I can't find it now.

--
> eatapple
core dump