[plug] Cheap Eth=>Audio Solution?

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Tue Dec 16 15:06:46 WST 2003

On Monday 15 December 2003 15:59, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 03:40:13PM +0800, Trevor Phillips wrote:
> | Cameron Patrick wrote:
> | > A Wizard and an NFS server in another room seems to work for me :-)
> |
> | A Wizard? I assume you don't mean the Gandalf sort. ^_^
>
> Nope.  Although mine are have hostnames merlin, harry and rincewind...
> They're a little 233MHz embedded system that was selling incredibly
> cheaply ($100 a pop when I bought mine) not long ago, from NetWay
> Computers.  (I'm guessing from your @murdoch address that the one in
> Southlands would prob'ly be closest to you.  I'm not sure if they still
> have any in stock, though; it sounds as though they were selling like
> hot cakes once people started to find out about them.)
>
> They were mentioned on the PLUG mailing list a while ago.  See the
> threads 'Linux thin clients', 'That NetWay Computers board' and 'Netway
> "Wizards"'

Aaah! The name sounded familiar, but I couldn't place it (and Googling for
"Wizard" is far from useful).
Sounds neat!! The Netway web page lists them as costing $200 now tho -
although if you order 10 they're $150. Not sure what I'd do with so many (and
doesn't help with the "budget" slant).

You said the sound on it isn't too good though?

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |