[plug] Hot and bothered CPU hankers for cool breeze

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Tue Dec 16 19:26:29 WST 2003

In message <20031216110245.GE957 at erdos.home>
on Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 07:02:45PM +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 06:53:46PM +0800, James Devenish wrote:
> | Nah, they were probably all under VM ;-)
>
> Hehehe...
>
> More seriously - I thought VM was only for S390 aka iSeries ???  Not
> that I've ever used anything along those lines myself.

You know what? Not only did my original joke e-mail contain the smiley,
it also contained a postscript that explained it was a joke. I deleted
the postscript 'cos I thought "Nah, the wink in the smiley will be
enough". I even thought "and even if it doesn't sound like a joke, maybe
it is possible to simulate guest hardware, e.g. an x-series on a
z-series or something -- it's a foolproof joke". Sheesh.

<more smileys>