[plug] Gold ! :)

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Tue Dec 16 20:41:59 WST 2003

In message <3FDEFC50.2060602 at westnet.com.au>
on Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 08:36:32PM +0800, Kai wrote:
> senectus wrote:
> > Time to start a local gov e-mail storm over getting this pushed here as
> > well.. don't you guys agree?
> Local government email storm ? what do you propose ?

What is meant by "local government"? Remember: local councils are made
up of human beings with normal jobs and normal lives (as opposed to,
say, federal parliamentarians). Regardless of how many people actually
engage in conversation with their local councillors, or go to council
meetings, an e-mail "storm" is probably wrong in many ways. As for state
government...well...Darleks may be more a more useful approach at times.
I'm not inclined toward advocacy (actually, to tell the truth, the risk
of Linux advocacy is one of my original reasons for avoiding PLUG) so
perhaps I am biased against the idea, but an "e-mail storm" typifies the
sort of thing I wouldn't like to see. I shall go hide in a cave, now.

PS. Yes, I realise the irony in claiming not to be a fan of the "e-mail
storm" idea -- ~80 e-mails on plug at plug today!