[plug] Gold ! :)

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Dec 16 23:54:51 WST 2003

> I'm not inclined toward advocacy (actually, to tell the truth, the risk
> of Linux advocacy is one of my original reasons for avoiding PLUG)

Indeed. I'm of the practical persuasion - that is to say, I use whatever
best fits my needs (considering _all_ needs and concerns). It's handy
that in my current employment that happens to fit well with what I
prefer to use personally and know best :-)

Advocacy, especially when taken too far, can be it's own worst enemy.
The best way to convince someone that your pet project is a _bad_ thing
is to push them into using it when it doesn't fit their needs or isn't
ready yet. This is why I'm against mandatory OSS legislation (see old
posts).

Craig Ringer