[plug] [OT] CF Card Reader dead

Tim White weirdo at tigris.org
Tue Dec 16 23:25:49 WST 2003

Recently my USB CF Card reader cabled shorted out. After dishing the cable
and getting front USB i continued to take photos. Just the other day my
card reader also died. When plugged in to windows XP it detects a unknown
USB device and the device doesn't power up.
As I initially spent $40 for it on ebay from N.S.W.? i don't want to have
to order another from out of WA.
Can any one suggest were I can buy a good cheap one? I'm sure i saw them
advertised for like $20 somewhere about a week ago but can't remember if i
was dreaming. My usual hunting ground only has IDE ones in stock at $50 and
although I one day wish to boot Linux of CF using one I can also boot of
USB /and/ go to other computers.
So please reveal all and tell me were YOU would go and get a cheap one.
It only needs to be able to read CF cards and be plugged into the back of a
comp (one that has little room for the USB plug)
Thanks
Tim

weirdo AT tigris DOT org (MSN Enabled) | ICQ# 255176389 | Riverton, Perth, WA