[plug] Gold ! :)

Kai Jones kai.jones at broome.wa.gov.au
Wed Dec 17 09:23:47 WST 2003

Well, I'm all for having more open source in local government if it's
practical and appropriate (eg, afaik we're currently the only Shire
Council in the state to be running SynergySoft database on a Linux
back-end instead of Windows 2000) the only problem is properley
educating the councillors and staff about it,  I mean with reference to
IT knowledge, our councillors have either got none or very little. Like
one time a few weeks ago I spent four hours at one councillors place
trying to teach her how to send an email...