[plug] USB & kernel questions

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Thu Dec 18 01:27:07 WST 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 20:13, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> One thing that you may have issues with in the particular case of
> scanners and cameras is device "file" permissions and usbdevfs.
> Currently I'm running my script to download photos from my USB camera as
> root, but there must be a better way somewhere!

There is!

I made a comment about my camera in the linmagau article about my dish.
A slashdot reader saw that and provided the solution. Here is their
comment:

<http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=80482&threshold=0&commentsort=3&tid=193&mode=thread&pid=7092943#7094134>

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S34°43'17" - E150°34'56" (Kangaroo Valley, NSW)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..