[plug] Whats a good xml editor for linux?

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Fri Dec 19 13:34:15 WST 2003

On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 12:59:59PM +0800, Derek Fountain wrote:
| > The point that James was trying to make was, Openoffice actually
| > understands the semantics of the XML that it produces so it can hide the
| > underlying XML from you.
|
| That, as far as I am concerned, is what defines an XML editor.

Okay.  I still think that, from your description of it, XMLSpy et al
only understand the /syntax/ of the XML (as defined by a DTD);
understanding the semantics of a general XML application[1] (in the way
that Openoffice does for a few /specific/ XML applications) is almost
certainly AI-complete.

Cameron.

[1] Are they called XML applications?  I've heard of SGML applications,
but I'm not sure whether that's the correct term in XML-land.