[plug] Whats a good xml editor for linux?

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Fri Dec 19 20:13:37 WST 2003

In message <1071816904.24541.12.camel at cbbcsc204a.murdoch.edu.au>
on Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 06:24:23PM +0800, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
> I would lkke to make the distinction between editors like OO and
> vi/vim/gvim which can text edit xml, and an xml editor...as xml is
> more complex, the features needed are greater (including built in
> validation against the DTD).

Fair enough. But just to clarify: I use vim for XML editing because it
facilitates things like tag completion, tag closing, hierarchical
navigation, validating against the DTD, etc. That is, it provides
specific assistance for the manipulation of XML, and does so in a manner
that is mostly consistent with its editing motifs for general text, C
code, etc. I assume the same is true for emacs.