[plug] Roll your own Knoppix CD

caston at arach.net.au caston at arach.net.au
Fri Dec 19 23:50:45 WST 2003

Hello,

I've almost (and most likely) managed to convince one of my customers to move
to desktop Linux (:

Now I've installed Knoppix on a Athlon 2000 box that I assembled today to give
him an idea of what is is going to get but will be installing it in his
current machine. His requirements are quite simple but he does need to run
Lotus Smart Suite so I will try this out under WINE.

Anyway I'm currently updating this Knoppix install the latest unstable and
would like to remove all the unneeded software and create a new iso.

The guides on Savannah such as:
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/*checkout*/gnumed/gnumed/gnumed/test-area/knoppix/readme.html

Are all down since their compromise. Anyone else know where I can find this or
please just me an outline of the steps involved.

Thanks,

Chris Caston