[plug] Whats a good web browser for linux?

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Sat Dec 20 13:37:03 WST 2003

On Sat, 2003-12-20 at 16:24, William Kenworthy wrote:
> 1.3.10 is fine and can be made to largely go back to the former
> behaviour.  Its actually that galeon has moved closer to the gnome
> standard and the settings you want are within the gnome desktop (i.e.,
> proxy is there, but it is less convenient to turn on/off)

How?

If I remove the proxy and the man/info pages requirements, I still miss:
      * I cannot save a session, nor open any of my past sessions
      * Editing of Bookmarks has become quite involved
      * You can no longer press ctrl-left-click to save an image
      * Switching between tabs activates the tab, rather than scroll
        through them until I select one.
      * All close-tab buttons are active, I can no longer force only the
        current tab to have a close-tab button
      * By default a new window opens, rather than a tab, when Galeon is
        re-launched (by clicking on a link in a mail-message)

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S34°43'17" - E150°34'56" (Kangaroo Valley, NSW)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..