[plug] P4 1.4

Garry garbuck at westnet.com.au
Sat Dec 20 11:02:19 WST 2003

> Although I would point out that mine spends a lot of it's time doing Divx
> encoding, and most movie length runs take the best part of 24 hours.
> Perhaps I just got a good 'un?

I don't understand why a Divx encoding takes 24 hours..

Using dvdrip, to 2 x 700mb targets, divx5 in an avi container, the rip to
hdd takes about 20 mins, and then there is 2 x 1.5-2 hour runs to do the
conversion..

Perhaps the difference is I am doing it on the hdd? Dunno.

Hardware
Toshiba M30 laptop. c/w 512 mb ram, 1.4G Centrino chip and nvidia graphics
card. I haven't bothered chasing the Nvidia driver yet.

HTH

Garry