[plug] Can't write to home directory input/output error

russ russ at powerstech.com
Sun Dec 21 15:37:48 WST 2003

Hi,

I just upgraded from suse 8.2 to 9.0. On the first machine it worked fine, no
problems.

On the second machine, while upgrading, I got an error saying the package
devs-9.0 failed installing. I then finished the rest of the upgrade. When I log
in as myself, I get "input/output error" whenever I try to write to my home
directory. If I log in as root everything works fine. I would guess the devs
package has something to do with permissions?

Any ideas or pointers?

Thanks
russ