[plug] Hard drive monitor

Steve Boak sboak at westnet.com.au
Sun Dec 21 19:33:59 WST 2003

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 17:48, you wrote:

> If only the KDE dockbar would go /inside/ the KDE panel...  In fact the
> whole dockbar extension looks like a bit of a hack - it doesn't seem to
> respond to any mouse events like the real dockbar does.  At least it can
> be set so that maximised windows cover it.
>
> (I couldn't find any answers using Google on how to actually get docked
> applications running in KDE when it was actually quite simple, so for
> the record:)
> 1. KDE Panel -> context (right click) menu -> Add -> Extension -> Dock
> Application Bar
> 2. You now have the dockbar running in KDE, so you can add an
> application in the usual way, i.e. just run the command (e.g. in a
> terminal or by K -> Run Command)
> 3. KDE Panel -> Configure Panel -> Layout and you will see the dockbar
> as another item underneath the Panel.  Configure at will (as usual most
> of the defaults are the worst possible option)

Thanks for the dock info - been wondering how to do that myself, although I
haven't got lm-sensors working yet on my Via epia-v motherboard - I'm halfway
through completely recompiling my 2.4.22 kernel patched with i2c-2.8.0 and
lm-sensors-2.8.0. The Via-C3 is not exactly a swift performer in this
department.

Steve