[plug] Can't write to home directory input/output error

russ russ at powerstech.com
Sun Dec 21 16:28:05 WST 2003

Well, something seems odd. As you both suggested, checking dmesg there's a
whole stack of i/o errors:

"is_tree_node: node level 16438 does not match to the expected one 1
vs-5150: search_by_key: invalid format found in block 8225. Fsck?
vs-13070: reiserfs_read_inode2: i/o failure occurred trying to find stat data
of [4 40 0x0 SD]"

I'll do an fsck now.

But why would root have no problems? It's one drive but /home is on a different
partition to / . Maybe it's just an error within the partition. But I can still
log in as russ and read everything ok.

And I checked all the permissions, they look fine.