[plug] Linux originally announced on a Blog? (thanks IBM)

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Wed Dec 24 08:38:09 WST 2003

In message <20031223161518.18939.qmail at www-01.iinet.net.au>
on Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 04:15:18PM -0000, Paul Wilson wrote:
> I've heard Usenet called many things, but this is the first time I've
> seen it referred to as a blog.

Good grief! Sounds like a "bug report" should be submitted to IBM on
this one. If you look at the Google 20-year list of USENET milestones
<http://www.google.com/googlegroups/archive_announce_20.html>, you can
see:

Jul 1991 The kremvax exists!
Aug 1991 Tim Berners-Lee's announcement of the World Wide Web project
Aug 1991 Mike Godwin formalizes Godwin's Law
Sep 1991 Announcement of Internet Gopher
Oct 1991 Linus Torvalds' Linux announcement
Dec 1991 Early post to alt.religion.kibology by Kibo