[plug] installing LAMP

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Wed Dec 24 09:47:19 WST 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-24 at 12:20, smclevie wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I am now trying to install what is commonly known as LAMP - Linux, Apache,
> MySQL, Perl/Php
>
> My particular requirements are for L, A, Postgresql, Python/Perl/Php
>
> I am operating Debian sid.
>
> The standard installs from .deb files is not suitable as the installations
> are minimalist and do not have the linking required.

No.

> Therefore I believe I need to install from source in all cases.

No.

> Has anyone done it and have a concise summary of the steps?

Yes:

	apt-get install apache php4 php4-pgsql python perl

Which should take care of installing all that you require.

Also, LAMP stands for Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP.

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S34°43'17" - E150°34'56" (Kangaroo Valley, NSW)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..