[plug] Digital cameras with gphoto/linux...

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Fri Dec 26 17:05:40 WST 2003

On Fri, 2003-12-26 at 16:37, David & Lisa Buddrige wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am currently in the market for a digital camera.  I am specifically
> looking at the Kodak EasyShare CX4310.  Looking at gphoto, I notice that it
> supports the Kodak EasyShare CX4300, but not *specifically* the CX4310.
>
> Are the CX4300 drivers likely to work for the CX4310 or are they entirely
> different hardware?

Unless Kodak have gone out of their way to be butt stupid, it will work.

If it has that EasyShare docking thingo, you put the camera on, press
the button and load up gtkam/gphoto.  All those Kodak ones talk PTP
thankfully.

If it doesn't have the cradle, nothing to worry about, it is still all
the same :)

I really like this particular FAQ:
http://kodak.broaddaylight.com/kodak/FAQ_82_8168.shtm

Someone needs to smack them awake.