[plug] Digital cameras with gphoto/linux...

David & Lisa Buddrige buddrige at wasp.net.au
Fri Dec 26 17:22:06 WST 2003

>Personally I wouldn't touch the Kodak cameras.  The specs sound good,
>but the lenses (and hence the image quality) on them is pretty pathetic
>in comparison to cameras from other manufacturers.  Not taking into

I'm looking at the <= $250 range.

Am wanting:
Linux Support
Ability to take >= 2.0 Megapixel still pictures
LCD Screen on back
ability to make short movies (preferrably with sound)
USB connections (only have usb on my laptop - no serial at all)

Any other features are bonus's but not deal-killers

Any recommendations/suggestions?

thanks guys

David.