[plug] Digital cameras with gphoto/linux...

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Wed Dec 31 11:34:22 WST 2003

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 16:37, David & Lisa Buddrige wrote:
> I am currently in the market for a digital camera.  I am specifically
> looking at the Kodak EasyShare CX4310.

Nah. Go for a Sony DSC-F828 or Canon 10D. Slightly more expensive, but
excellent results. (-:

The Sony does more tricks (8MP, 640x480 nonstop video, infra-red, yadda
yadda) but the Canon is more SLR-like and much more acceptable to
someone coming from a film camera.

Both work fine with gphoto2 (put the Sony in PTP mode).

Cheers; Leon