[plug] Digital cameras with gphoto/linux...

Ben Jensz plug at jensz.id.au
Fri Dec 26 18:08:04 WST 2003

Mike Holland wrote:

>That would be the one in the K-mart TV advert?
>Dont rush in. It has no zoom, so maybe not a bargain. I've seen 2MP, with
>3x zoom online for less than $300.

That'd be digital zoom on a sub-$300 camera.  Irk....

>Are Fuji any good?  They work with the
>USB mass-storage driver.

Read mixed reviews about them, some people say they are average, others
say they aren't.  Not many people seem to have them.

>Would you want more than 2MP anyway? Even 1MP can look very good on a 6x4
>or 5x7.

If you're printing at 72dpi, its not photo quality.

>But if it had 8MP, then a digital zoom might be useful :-)

Only if you had the image size set to lower than 8MP and were zooming
only up to a factor equal to 8MP, otherwise you'd still get horrible
quality with digital zoom :)

/ Ben