[plug] Digital cameras with gphoto/linux...

Mike Holland myk at westnet.com.au
Fri Dec 26 17:41:15 WST 2003

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003, Ben Jensz wrote:

> >I am currently in the market for a digital camera.  I am specifically
> >looking at the Kodak EasyShare CX4310.  Looking at gphoto, I notice that it

That would be the one in the K-mart TV advert?
Dont rush in. It has no zoom, so maybe not a bargain. I've seen 2MP, with
3x zoom online for less than $300. Are Fuji any good?  They work with the
USB mass-storage driver.

> megapixel ratings are not a good indication of image quality at all.
> e.g. a good quality 2MP camera will take far better photos than a cheap
> quality 3MP camera.

Would you want more than 2MP anyway? Even 1MP can look very good on a 6x4
or 5x7.
But if it had 8MP, then a digital zoom might be useful :-)