[plug] Digital cameras with gphoto/linux...

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Fri Dec 26 18:37:56 WST 2003

On Fri, 2003-12-26 at 18:13, Ben Jensz wrote:
> Ben Jensz wrote:
>
> > I had an A70 a few months back now (which is the 3MP version of the
> > A60) and the photos taken with it were great.
> >
> I'll clarify that.  Good photos for a digital camera anyway... digital
> isn't close to the resolution and clarity of film.  Thats why I sold my
> A70 and bought a Nikon F80 SLR.

Of course but needing to change film + get/pay for developments is a
major pain.

I'll probably grab something similar to what David and Lisa get soon as
I have some spare cash.

I am going ahead with setting up the LTSP + Multiple XF86 users project
(currently using 2.6 and the Ruby patch) and will be taking pics to go
up on a project page on the web.

I know that SLR is still the best thing for professional photo-graphics
but I find them impractical for unplanned haphazard use.