[plug] Raid-5 recovery

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Sun Dec 28 03:32:15 WST 2003

On Sun, 2003-12-28 at 02:48, Brad Campbell wrote:
> G'day all,
> I just went through the anguish of a 2 channel failure on a 5 disk 780GB
> raid. Most of the info I located on the web was wayyyy out of date for
> the current tools and md drivers.
>
> In case it might save someone the anguish in the future.. some tips.

[..serious magic removed..]

> And if all went well, mark the failed disk as raid-disk in your raidtab
> and use raidhotadd to add it back into the array.
> 3 hours worth of resyncing later and your back on-line.
> <Wipes sweat from brow>

You are a scary scary man.

But I'm glad you're on this list, because words fail me. I can only
imagine your heart-rate with this description...

Suffice to say, should this series of instructions perhaps be
distributed wider than this list? If you add a little personal
information to the story, then it could go into Linmag and then be added
as a /. story.

While I fully realise that you might not be interested in any of the
above, I'd like to know that your elevated blood-pressure resulted in
less stress for the next guy...

Anyway, hat off to you!

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S34°43'17" - E150°34'56" (Kangaroo Valley, NSW)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..