[plug] Raid-5 recovery

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Sun Dec 28 12:09:57 WST 2003

Onno Benschop wrote:

> You are a scary scary man.
>
> But I'm glad you're on this list, because words fail me. I can only
> imagine your heart-rate with this description...

Yup.. Picture moving to a foreign country with all sorts of laws
regarding censorship and what you can and can't get.
So Brad buys 5 200GB hard disks and fills them with his
music/movie/software collection and moves over the other side of the world.

Picture the look on his face when it looks like his entire entertainment
for the next year or so has gone up in a puff of bits ;p)

Anyway, most of what I wrote is available on the web, I just had great
difficulty finding information about linux software raid that was
written after about 2001.

When my SATA adaptors arrive and I put the pair of 4 Channel SATA
controllers in the box I might see if I can knock up some form of
article on putting it all together and keeping it running under adverse
conditions.

Regards,
Brad