[plug] gnome-terminal working directory

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Sun Dec 28 18:51:04 WST 2003

> I don't know how LinCVS does things, but it could've used gconf to set
> the default directory. Grep .gconf* for the dirname and see. It can
> definitely be done by setting
>
> gconf:///desktop/gnome/applications/terminal/exec_arg=" \
> --working-directory=blah"

Sorry, should've mentioned - you'll probably want to use 'gconf-editor'
to fix things up if this is the case. I'm pretty sure the files are
safely editable directly, but I tend to use this (very handy) dedicated too.

To my mind, gconf is proof that 'registry' systems can be done at least
less horribly. A decent editor, a decent structure, meaningful names,
help text on options... it all makes a big difference.

Craig Ringer