[plug] Disk Space

I am the LinuxAlien linuxalien at optusnet.com.au
Sat Feb 1 08:43:03 WST 2003

I think it is an option in shutdown. some thing like shutdown -F -r now or
shutdown -f -r now. I can't remember which. One will force fsck not to run
and the other will force it to run.
I think i can manage it ok.
Thanks all for helping me with this one as i can now install lots more
packages!
Tim
At 11:55 31/01/2003 +0800, you wrote:
>On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, I am the LinuxAlien wrote:
>
> > It seems that some were between /var/log/ and /var/log/jabber there was an
> > error in the file system or something as it was reporting that
> > /var/log/jabber/ was 1.8G and the vdir -h inside /var/log/jabber was
> giving
>
>Ah! We should have suggested fsck-ing the filesystem. It would be a good
>idea to do that now.
>   Hmmm... how to fsck / ?  OK to "fsck -n" to check a mounted fs?
>Or should he reboot and force (how?) an fsck on bootup?
>
>--
>You ain't seen nothing yet.  - Miguel de Cervantes

LinuxAlien

Riverton, Perth, WA