[plug] setting up a Telstra ADSL connection

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Sun Feb 2 11:22:07 WST 2003

Thanks for the advice, Telstra had a suport person there that knew what the problem was (on their side) and he fixed it and all is well.   Just have to get them to change their ip address to match the A record for the existing connection.  They really stuffed this one up, but on their behalf they did admit it and are fixing the problem.

Jon

Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 05:52:27AM +0800, Jon Miller wrote:
> Has anyone setup a Telstra ADSL connection using their Cisco 827
> Router?  They supplied the client with 8 ip addresses and that's all.
> This is going on a Debian Server that used to be dial-up connection.

I presume it's a mode C connection (8 ips, no pppoe??)- if so yeah -
I'm running a mode C DSL connection off an 827.  It's not telstra
but the config should be very similar.  Email me and I'll send you
some excerpts from the config.

Cheers

Mark

--