[plug] [OT] nukes (was: Columbia)

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Sun Feb 2 14:46:25 WST 2003

On Sunday 02 February 2003 02:11 pm, James Elliott wrote:
> I would rather the Yanks have the nuclear weapons than Osama Bin Laden or
> Sudam Hussein ...

Agree, although the US Administration contains a lot of idealists, more
dangerous in a way than outright assholes.

> At least any democratic, pleace loving country has nothing to fear from the
> USA,

Boy, oh boy, do you need to do a bit more digging! )-:

> if America disarmed itself and China (a despotic nuclear nation) decided we
> had too much land for too few people and invaded us, who would stop them?

I America's military attention was focussed on the Middle East and Indonesia
decided that it wanted South Irian "back", who would stop them? They've done
exercises here, even been formally presented with a copy of the Bush Tucker
Book.

> Anyway, enough politics and idealism .... lets get back to Linux!

OK. Do you think we should be advocating the use of Linux in Iraq, or not?

<G,D,R>

Cheers; Leon