[plug] [OT] Goodbye, Columbia

Simon Scott sscott at iinet.net.au
Sun Feb 2 15:46:08 WST 2003

On Sun, 2 Feb 2003 03:47, shayne oneill wrote:

> This is a disaster.

No it isnt.

Its an unfortunate accident. The seven people on board knew the risks. NASA
know the risks.

In fact, the risks are pretty low. Look at what NASA achieve and how few
accidents theyve had. I wonder how their safety record matches up against
most of the worlds airlines (which by comparison is a jog down the the local
deli).

An airliner plowing into the side of the world trade center is a disaster.

I feel sorry for the 3 guys stuck up on the ISS. Maybe theyll have to hitch a
ride back with the Russians. Egads.