[plug] [OT] Goodbye, Columbia

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Sun Feb 2 19:15:14 WST 2003

On Sun, 2 Feb 2003, Alex Polglaze wrote:

> Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 18:25:41 +0800
> From: Alex Polglaze <apolglaze at book-keepingnetwork.com.au>
> To: plug at plug.linux.org.au
> Subject: Re: [plug] [OT] Goodbye, Columbia
>
> Blair and Howard.
> >
> > The worst and most horrendous war crimes, in the history of life on this
> > planet, were committed by the USA, in Hirohima and Nagasaki.
> >

> What a load of bulldust! What about all the allied lives that were saved
> by this action.

So, genocide and war crimes are aceptable, if they save a few lives.
Muytilating future generations are acceptable, if those responsible are
on the "winning" side. It's obvious you have no conscience. No doubt,
you approve also of the holocausts, going back to the middle ages, and
Criomwell's policy, of "If they do not surrender when we breach the
walls, kil every living thing inside". You no doubt, supported the Me
Lai massacre. That probably saved a soldier's life. Think of all those
children, yet to be conceived, who might not like the USA. Whoop-de-do.

> The unfortunate price of a democracy is that we have to put up with this
>   drivel.

Nothing to do with democracy. Check your dictionary. I assume that you
have one, and can use one?

> If you lived in Iraq with these sentiments, it would only be temporary.
> You probably wouldn't live long enough to finish your e-mail.
>
> And before you fall out of your tree, just as i have to put up with your
> crap, so you have to put up with mine.

I am glad, that you admit that your statements are crap.

> The price of democracy its called.

It is nothing to do with democarcy.

Check your dictionary.

Democracy = government by the people.

> > In the second world war, when Germany was going to invade Poland,
> > protests were made, and, the invasion started the second world war. The
> > differences, this time around, is that the USA is going to invade
> > another sovereign nation, with the assistance of the UK and Australia,
> > and this time, Germany is the goodies, and the USA, the UK and
> > Australia, are the baddies, and, the war criminals (if nukes are used),
> > and, this time, the world simply doesn't care.
> >

> No you and many others sound like Neville Chamberlain, Peace in our
> time. When somebody kicks the shitbags out of you, you will be the first
> to call for help and protest "Why didn't the government do anything".

The australian feral government has already done that. "Let the aussies
die. It is more fun to kill arabs, than to save burning aussies." -
Feral government policy.

> > Whatever people may think of the Iraqi government, it is a legal
> > government, which is more than can be said for Bush's presidency, and no
> > country has the right to toverthrow the legal government of another
> > country without just cause, and, there is no just cause, in this case.
> >

> Its not legal because there is one candidate on the ballot paper and if
> you don't vote for him, you don't get a second chance.

You might not like it, but if its legal in that country, then it's
legal.

We have yet to get democracy in Australia. Those who try, get
imprisoned.

> > And, how responsible is Howard, for the deaths and damage caused by the
> > bushfires in Australia, when he regards it as more fun to kill arabs,
> > than to defend Australia? He and his governmnet refused funding for the
> > large firefighting helicopters to deal with the bushfires that have
> > occurred, instead spending our money on sending our mercenary military
> > to fight for Bush, in his war to terrorise the world.
>

> The problem is lack of controlled burning. Talk to an expert from CALM,
> I can give you his name if you like. The Eastern States are about 30 or
> 40 years behind schedule and therefore will continue to have devastating
> fires until they catch up and until they get rid of the idiots who sue
> the fire service for the ugly scar that spoils their view when the
> firebreak was made last fire to save their house.

Yes, CALM; the Commission of Arson and Land Mutilation, responsible for
a significant number of bushfires in this state, and much respiratory
illness, including assaulting asthmatics.

"Expert = drip under pressure". We all know that.

> Personally, I can put up with some haze in winter when the wind isn't
> quite right, but we haven't had a disastrous bush fire like Dwellingup
> for over 40 years, so obviously we are on the right track in WA.
>
> Free software an free speech, I guess they go together.

Nothing to do with each other.

Like sex and Linux (despite what some may think).

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."