[plug] [OT] Goodbye, Columbia

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Sun Feb 2 19:32:19 WST 2003

On Sun, 2 Feb 2003, Jon  Miller wrote:

> Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 19:04:45 +0800
> From: Jon  Miller <jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au>
> To: plug at plug.linux.org.au
> Subject: Re: [plug] [OT] Goodbye, Columbia
>
> Let's look at some facts
> Saddam as we know will kill anyone that gets in his way - correct?
> Bush while Governor of Texas never saved anyone from death - correct?
> So what we have here are two (2) individual from different parts of the world, one likes to kill and the other doesn't care if folks are killed.
> What does this suggest? Neither give a damn about the human life.  Neither could care less if a lot of people got hurt/killed.
>
> So what's the answer - both should be shot.  Both are bad for the world and they are going to play this to the end until either one or the other is killed and for what?  Arrogance, oil, this may be true considering the price for gasoline in the states.
>
> Now let supposed for a moment that Bush is on the up and up and he knows something that the rest of us don't as they are suggesting.  With the technology the US possess maybe they do know something we don't.  But if I was Saddam, I would put my bombs and missiles very close to the my oil reserves and if the US launches an attack they would only be destroying the very thing they may be after.  Do you think the US would launch its attack?
> In the US a person with a gun is not considered dangerous until he commits an act of violence, well a person in possession of nuclear bombs should be considered the same.  So if the US think Saddam shouldn't have the bombs, then the US needs to rid itself also of it's bombs.  I've always hated the US ideology that they (US) are better than the rest and what they say is one thing from what they do.
> Believe me when I tell you this is the mentality of the American public.  "Do as I say not as I do"
> We were always told to treat everyone as equals yet it was never practiced.
>
> Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS

Interesting, but, I think that you err, slightly, in your solution.

I remember an episode of MASH (to do with yet another USA/Australia
attempt at world dominance, which most of the citizens of the invading
countries did not want), in which Hawkeye Pearce said that the leaders
of both sides; the USA and the North Koreans, should be given pillows,
and that they should beat each other senseless, and that that should
then be all that was involved, and the end to the conflict.

I suggest that that would be a far better solution. Shut Blair, Howard,
Bush and Saddam Hussein, in a padded cell (where they each belong), with
some resilient pillows, and let them beat each other senseless. Oh, and
then leave them all together, in the padded cell, with more pillows, and
with straitjackets worn. That would fix them.

It would save us all alot of money and anguish.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."