[plug] [OT] Goodbye, Columbia

Shayne O'Neill shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au
Mon Feb 3 19:39:43 WST 2003

While I think it perhaps a little rash to completely blame howard for the
fires, there is an extent that the government could do better.

If you've noticed australia is on bloody fire all over the place. It might
be me , but this sure does seem an unusually bad year for it.

Natures a bitch sometimes.

But we all knew that australian fires can bee complete horrors, and we
aint funding it well enuff.

Oh yeah, and our hospitals are up the creek, schools and unis are way
underfunded and , well you get the picture.

So why spend all this dough on toasting arabs?

By my reconing , Dubbya has got to be the most dangerous man on the
planet,
*He keeps going on about his hard-on for dropping lil'
tactical nuclear bunkerbusters bombs.
*He damn nearly sparked WWIII with china
*Turned afghanistan into a crater, and is proposing the same for
Iraq.
*Hes completely scuttled the good work sth korea had put into
making friends with its ever-so-slightly-nutty neighbor.
*Put a stop to  IRANs wanting to be friends with the west again.
*Completely flipped cubas head out by putting a concentration camp on the
island.
*refuses to accept that the US is a signatory to the geneva
conventions.
*Wants to stick freaking deathbeams in space.
*Torpedoed the Nuclear Non Prolifferation treaty.
*Created a situation unprecidented in modern history where nearly every
damn country in the world (I think about 6-7 countries only support US
unilateral intervention in Iraq) thinks GWBs lost the plot with the IRAQ
thing.
*Believes that not having evidence for weapons of mass distruction is a
reason why IRAQ must be attacked.
*Believes that if it did have evidence, that'd also be a reason.
*Anounced that if they could not find a reason, he'd set up a committee to
think up a new reason to attack IRAQ.
*Inspired Nelson Mandella to accuse him of being stupid!
*Wants to set up a parallell legal system where anyone he accuses of being
anti-american can be imprissoned or executed for life without trial and
in secret
*Started rounding up certain ethnicities for registration and possible
deportation, sparking mass riots in the US when thousands of middle
eastern men where disappeared at INS registration centres(!)
*Caused several european countries to warn that the US(and the UK and
Australia!) could face war crimes proceeding if they don't back down.
*etc....

And we are going to blow our budget on bombs to assist this nutter.

I say... No fking way!

"Make Spaceships, Not war!"
Shayne.