[plug] Emails to List

Simon Scott sscott at iinet.net.au
Mon Feb 3 18:08:50 WST 2003

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003 17:50, Onno Benschop wrote:
> While I run the risk of having a flamethrower pointed at me, can I ask
> if the recent spate of off topic posts is normal. I'm all for
> conversation, but I did think I subscribed to a Linux list.
>
> If this signal to noise ratio is normal, can someone point me at a Linux
> list with more signal and less noise?

I think youll find that the recent spate of OT messages are waaaay beyond the
norm. While its a pretty casual list, normally its pretty much on topic.
Sometimes it wanders into hardware and MS specific issues (especially when MS
bugs cause undue load on linux servers) but in general its Linux software and
especially the application of linux in real-life scenarios.... with a bit of
troubleshooting thrown in.

You could ofcourse spend a few minutes and direct any [plug][ot] messages to
/dev/null.... depending on the mailer you use.