[plug] Emails to List

Richard Meyer meyerri at au1.ibm.com
Tue Feb 4 08:17:25 WST 2003

>While I run the risk of having a flamethrower pointed at me, can I ask
>if the recent spate of off topic posts is normal. I'm all for
>conversation, but I did think I subscribed to a Linux list.

>If this signal to noise ratio is normal, can someone point me at a Linux
>list with more signal and less noise?

It's pretty normal. The people get on their hobby-horses and air their
prejudices (which they believe all right-thinking people should share -
oops all left-thinking people, then). The good thing is that they tend to
mark their posts with [OT] almost as soon as they get off-topic.

Put in a rule that killfiles all posts with [OT] in the subject line.
Getting them off their hobby-horses, most posters are quite rational ;-)

RichardM