[plug] Emails to List

Alex Polglaze apolglaze at book-keepingnetwork.com.au
Tue Feb 4 08:35:58 WST 2003

> It is a burst, but it aint the first time. But there pretty irregular (Am
> I noticing btw some unresolved tensions among some folk btw...) The
> problem with filtering [ot] is that one then needs to ask oneself is , say
> , discussion of the windowsworm offtopic or on. What about best
> etherswitch for ones bux. ANd even the shuttle thing.... It sure is OT,
> but damn if it wasn't at least personality-based on topic. (Why does one
> think slashdot is such a clever demographic... Linux, space and Scifi).
>
> It's a hard call. Sometimes OT keeps on sane. Sometimes it gets overboard.

I have to agree. Sometimes the topics are quite interesting even though
they have nothing to do with Linux, but that is just life, nothing is
that pure. Life is an amalgam and so a bit off OT discussion is a stress
relief I find.

So whilst there is a lot of junk, there is always the delete button if
you are too busy.

<Tangent> Following the Columbia -> bushfire (?) discussion, would a
guest speaker talking about a non Linux subject, such as the bushfire
control/ burnoff policy be of interest to PLUG? It would be a chance for
members to hear from an expert that they may not necessarily have otherwise.

It could be plug policy that one a quarter or six months, a non linux
topic guest speaker address the group.

Just a thought.

Alex