[plug] [IMPORTANT] AGM Announcement

Colin Muller colin at twobluedots.com.au
Tue Feb 4 18:59:35 WST 2003

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 06:04:52PM +0800, shayne oneill wrote:
> One suggestion is open-publishing, like the "active murdoch" site (murdoch
> uni website) and many others.
> The gig being that people can post to the front page, and moderation happens
> after the fact. Like wikis, these things
> are rarely abused, and if it becomes a sheet fite , then one just starts
> taking submissions again.

That could work well; I guess it'll be up to the new committee to
decide how things should work on the site, so this is a good time to
put forward ideas like this as food for their first meeting.

I'm travelling a lot this year and really can't carry on managing any
of it, though - although of course I (and I'm sure the others who
currently have manager permissions on the site) will help however I
can in handing over to someone else.

Just so anyone interested knows: as things stand, the version of
PostNuke in use is overdue an upgrade which depends in turn on an
upgrade to PHP happening on the server (which in turn will probably
break other things). Replacing PostNuke with another CMS would require
some labour-intensive migration of important documents.

Colin