[plug] [IMPORTANT] AGM Announcement

shayne oneill shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au
Tue Feb 4 18:04:52 WST 2003

One suggestion is open-publishing, like the "active murdoch" site (murdoch
uni website) and many others.
The gig being that people can post to the front page, and moderation happens
after the fact. Like wikis, these things
are rarely abused, and if it becomes a sheet fite , then one just starts
taking submissions again.

One nifty side effect is that the site then ends up managing itself. Plus it
ties in well with the open ethos of
 linux. Ie "Linux doesnt dictate to the community, the community
participates and dictates to linux" , if you dig what I mean.

Cheers,
Shayne.