[plug] kernel compile problems

Carl Gherardi C.Gherardi at curtin.edu.au
Thu Feb 6 16:56:02 WST 2003

On the topic of 2.5 and kernel builds...

How many people have played with it?

I installed bitkeeper downloaded the sources and type make install without
firing off a config program at all and rebooted.

Everything worked (?!) including my zip disk. I had a look at the config
file generated and it seemed to be a bare minimum config for my hardware.

I dont remember seeing anything on lkml about the autoconfiguration stuff
going into the kernel build system, is this the case now?

Carl

Agreeing the new build system is mush better now :)