[plug] kernel compile problems

ryan at is.as.geeky.as ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Thu Feb 6 17:18:33 WST 2003

> No there is no autoconfiguration stuff.  Wild guess it might "import" the
> /boot/config-$(uname -r) and then answer y/m for anything it doesn't know
> about.  I haven't looked at the sources BUT I'd say that's unlikely.

I tried 2.5.59 last week.  It appears it read in my current 2.4.20 config
from /boot/config-2.4.20 as the source tree for it was removed.  I've got
some very specific options in all my kernels and every one of them was
correctly set when i went to configure 2.5.59.  I didn't have to change a
single thing, compiled, rebooted, happy.  I'll admit that was quite lucky
though :)

Ryan