[plug] debian woody and kernels

sol sol at autonomon.net
Fri Feb 7 10:27:21 WST 2003

Hi again,

I followed Tony and Carl's advice and made my laptop unbootable. 8-) But I'm
pretty sure this has something to do with APM support for Vaios. I did some
more trolling around for info on vaio install and found that they don't like
2.4 kernels < 2.4.17 which is what I'm using and higher is better seems to be
the verdict.
2.4.18 (which is actually 2.4.17)  is the highest version of kernel source in
the debian package directory. I was wondering if there are any pitfalls in
getting non-deb kernel sources and compiling (specifically 2.4.20)???

I did this once some time ago and got my fingers singed....

regards,
sol