[plug] Minimum spec's for Mandrake 9

David Buddrige buddrige at wasp.net.au
Fri Feb 7 15:04:51 WST 2003

Hi all you Mandrake guys out there... 8-)

My brother was wanting to load up Linux on a spare computer he has to play
with it, and check out what it's like.  The spec's on the hardware he has
is:

Pentium II (233 to 333 MHz) system with about 128 Mb RAM and between 7-13
gig of hard-drive.

I had planned to suggest Mandrake 9; I've been a redhat guy in the past, but
with the UI of Redhat 8, I suspect it might be a bit sluggish;  Will the
above spec's be sufficiently powerful to happily run Mandrake 9?

thanks

David