[plug] Re: Abiword and Gnumeric

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Mon Feb 10 11:38:55 WST 2003

For a bug I filed on my large excel file issue at gnumeric.  OO has yet
to respond (gnumeric has always been exceptional this way!), too soon
for OO.  I guess to most people, 100 rows of data in an excel
spreadsheet is "large"!

BillK

+For files larger than 6.8Meg you are limited to using the development
series 1.1.x.
+The 1.0.x versions used libole2 which did not support writing files
larger than
+6.8 meg.  The newer versions use libgsf which supports very large
files.
+
+Back porting the conversion from libgsf -> libole2 is not really
feasible at
+this time because some of the other interfaces have changed.
+
+Sorry
+