[plug] j2re1.4.1_01, Mozilla/phoenix and Debian Woody

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Thu Feb 13 15:28:59 WST 2003

G'day all

I have a frustrating problem with the latest java runtime environment on
Debian Woody.
I installed the j2re in /usr/local/j2reblahblah..
I made the link in ~/mozilla/plugins as per the doc.
The test program and page in the /usr/local/j2re dir runs fine when I
look it up in mozilla, but
a page like www.seme.com.au which has a java menu selector (Which sucks
btw) or the line
chart on my ADSL modem will not run and halt with errors in the jvm, but
then something
like http://www.dslreports.com/stest?loc=1 works every time.

This worked with the old 1.3 jre and I'm at a dead loss as to what is
going on or what I
can do to diagnose the problem.

This happens with Mozilla and Phoenix on my desktop and my laptop.
Does anyone have this combination working? How did you do it?

Brad